Hindsight is 2020, but that won’t stop us from talking about what kind of company and what kind of social network Facebook will be as we head into 2020 and the height of the U.S. political season. Will regulation force Facebook, Twitter, and other massive networks to interoperate with newer, smaller networks? Will the values of free expression online prevail? Will the specter of Chinese censorship change the debate on what we expect from social networks here in America? All in a day’s conversation here at The Jared White Show.
Links & Show Notes
- Support the show on Patreon!
- Subscribe to the Mark Up This! newsletter
- Facebook will spend $1 billion to address California’s affordable housing crisis (The Verge)
- Mark Zuckerberg took on China in a speech defending free expression (The Verge)
- How would opening up Facebook change the internet? (The Verge)