A few years ago I realized I was suffering from acute depression. It was affecting my work and my quality of life. Today, I am doing much better, but I must remain vigilant not to slide back into old patterns and negative mindsets. As a creative freelancer, there are certain pitfalls which can have an adverse effect on my mental health, and that’s what I talk about in today’s episode. NOTE: you don’t have to be a freelancer to appreciate today’s conversation! There’s a little something here for everybody. 🙂
- Dealing with isolation
- Coming to grips with financial instability
- The ephemeral nature of digital production
- The importance of setting up an inspiring workspace
- Location, location, location! Where you live and work matters
Links & Show Notes
- Support the show on Patreon!
- Subscribe to the Mark Up This! newsletter
- Making the Mental Breakthrough that Depression is Rooted in Fear, Not Sadness
- The Brain on Mindfulness: a Book Review of Mindsight by Dr. Daniel Siegel
- Book: Mindsight, Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.
- Book: Centering Prayer and Inner Awakening, Cynthia Bourgeault