It’s the end of an era as famed head of industrial design at Apple, Jony Ive, is leaving the company. In this episode I break down two Apple products I believe embody Jony’s formidable design leadership and which truly set the stage for both Apple’s preset and future: iOS 7 and iPad Pro. I also get to touch on a couple of odd Apple-related news items as well as the new streaming service from WarnerMedia to rival Netflix.
Stay cool out there folks! It’s going to be a hot summer.
Links & Show Notes
- Support the show on Patreon!
- Why Jony Ive is leaving Apple (iMore)
- iOS 6 Introduction at WWDC 2012 (YouTube)
- iOS 7 Introduction at WWDC 2013 (YouTube)
- Jony Ive: The man behind Apple’s magic curtain (USA Today)
- Jony Ive voiceover compilation (YouTube)
- Apple stops selling the 12-inch MacBook, a computer you either loved or were confused by (TechCrunch)
- Ross Perot dead: Billionaire tycoon and 2-time presidential candidate was 89 (CNNPolitics)
- The fascinating bromance between Steve Jobs and Ross Perot (Cake)
- WarnerMedia confirms its Netflix rival will be called HBO Max (The Verge)