LAST EPISODE OF 2018! Herein our intrepid host pontificates on the virtues of forming habits (not resolutions) in the coming year, and talks about the latest otherworldly developments on the web—including deepfakes, Doctor Strange 2, Facebook security breaches (I’m shocked, shocked! to find this sort of thing is going on here), and a whole lot more.
Links & Show Noters
- The future of the deepfake — and what it means for fact-checkers
- Scott Derrickson Returning to Direct ‘Doctor Strange’ Sequel
- ‘Collaboration’ Creates Mediocrity, Not Excellence, According to Science
- Google+ to shut down early after second major security incident
- How numb are we to Facebook’s fuck-ups at this point?
- Creator of the Week: Nathan Kontny (YouTube channel about Chicago, business, marketing, parenting and life)